GPS coordinates: Latitude: 46.14215 / Longitude: 1.134542
From the North
- From Nantes: 1h40 par l’A83.
Follow the A83 highway towards the D137/E3 road. At Sainte-Hermine, take exit 7 and leave the A83.
Follow the D137. Then take D10A, D9, D10 and D105 towards Rue Réaumur at La Rochelle.
- From Paris: 4h30 par l’A10.
Follow the A10 highway: Paris – Orléans – Tours – Chatellerault – Poitiers. Exit to N11 towards Avenue du 8 Mai 1945/D104 at Lagord. Exit N237 towards D104. Follow on D104. Take avenue du Lieutenant-Colonel Bernier towards rue Réaumur at La Rochelle.
From the South
- From Bordeaux: 2h by the A10 highway.
Take A10/E5, A837/E602 and D137 towards Avenue du 8 Mai 1945/D104 at Lagord. Exit N237 towards D104.
Follow on D104. Take avenue du Lieutenant-Colonel Bernier towards Rue Réaumur at La Rochelle.
Parking: A slot is available in a closed, covered and private parking, 5’s walk from the Résidence at 12€ per day + VAT. To be booked along with the room.
- From Paris:
– 2h30-3h05 from Paris-Montparnasse station by up to 11 direct high speed trains (TGV) per day.
- From Bordeaux:
– 2h05-32, by about 6 direct trains per day, Intercités or TER.
- From Nantes:
– 2h36, by about 4 direct trains per day, Intercités or TER.
Booking at: http://www.voyages-sncf.com
La Rochelle station is 1.4 km away from La Résidence, an 18’s walk or a 5’s journey by:
- Taxi: The taxi stand is situated right in front of the station. Estimated cost: 8 €.
- Yellow cycle: On hire from a stand situated in front of the railway station. 1st half an hour is free in a two days’ “discovery” subscription for 2 € or a five days’ “freedom” subscription for 5 €.
- Bus: The bus station is located in front of the railway station. Take line 41 towards La Pallice – Aytré-Grands Prés and Place des Grands Prés – Magasins Généraux. Step down at Banque de France stop on rue Réaumur, then walk 1’. One single ticket that can be purchased from the driver for 1.30 €.
From Ajaccio, Birmingham, Bristol, Brussels-Charleroi, Dublin, Geneva, London-Gatwick, London-Stansted, Lyon, Manchester, Porto, Southampton.
Booking at: http://www.larochelle.aeroport.fr
The airport is 15’ away from La Résidence by car or bus.
Taxis are available at the arrival hall exit. Due to the influx of passengers, best is to book a taxi of your choice before boarding the plane. References of all agencies are available from the airport website. The estimated fare is between 15 and 20 € from 7 AM to 7 PM and between 20 and 25 € after 7 PM.
By car on hire
Although cars for hire are available in numbers on the spot, it is advisable to book in advance by calling car-hiring agencies. Their staff will wait for you on arrival and hand over the keys. All their references are available from the airport website.
Most airlines enjoy agreements with car-hiring companies that offer special rates with your plane ticket. For details, please contact your airline.
- From Monday to Saturday, every 30’: Line 7 towards Rompsay/ZI Périgny.
- On Sunday: line 47 towards Beaulieu
In both cases, terminus is at Place de Verdun, 3’ walk from La Résidence.
A single ticket can be purchased from the driver at 1.30 €.
Forget your car and discover the city on foot or bicycle!
Yellow bicycles are available on hire from the near-by Place de Verdun on a two days’ “discovery” subscription at 2 € or a five days’ “freedom” subscription at 5€. Bicycles can be safely parked in the garden of La Résidence, which is accessible through its rear door.